It's made the rounds this season and has donned the shoulders of many a blogger and editor. Harpers Bazaar breaks it down for us on why this sweater is springs most-wanted piece.
Excerpt from Harpers Bazaar:
- It's still cold out. Like really cold. I bought my sweater in early February, the second it hit Netaporter where it is now sold out, and have already worn it several times during the Polar Vortex with leather pants and boots. Come warmer temps, I'll pair with swingy pleated skirts and bare legs, then tap shorts and sandals come summer. I also won't be surprised to see a few of these doubling as coverups on East Coast beaches.
- It's accessible. While $408 is not cheap, it certainly seems affordable compared to most runway pieces we covet. Plus its versatility makes the price-per-wear (my new favorite fashion formula) virtually nothing.
- All style types can unite. This pullover can be edgy with leather, preppy with stripes, classic with tennis whites and romantic with florals.
- It's got graphic impact. The bold black neckline on the pure white woven pops in the best way possible.
- It's got icon status. See the throwback photo of Robert Redford from The Way We Were below. This sweater also conjures up a mix of Farrah Fawcett on the tennis court and Daisy Buchanan sipping a martini on the East Egg—depending on how you style it.
- It's boyishly oversized but with a plunging deep v-neck. So man-repel you won't.
In short: When you can't beat 'em, join 'em. This sweater is straight-up chic.
Shop the Talia Sweater here.